A 2-day Nationally Sanctioned PRS Pro-Series match. The first match of its type in the state of Michigan. Registration opens May 21st at 6:00pm EST.
Brought to you by the same team that runs the Wisconsin Barrel Maker Classic, this match will be similarly focused on providing equal parts typical PRS stages, and well thought out, innovative stages like you’ve never shot before. We strive for every stage to challenge the shooters skills with a precision rifle while remaining enjoyable, and safe.
Shooters of all skill levels welcome; however, you must be competent enough to accurately and safely engage targets at distance.
Sign-in: September 18th, 2000
Match: September 19-20, 2020
Primary location address for sign-in and match brief:
Marksmanship Training Center
N. Pioneer Drive
Lake City, MI
All sales final, registration transfers must go through match director prior to September 14th, 2019. No refunds.
Match is split between two locations, less than five miles apart.
Our first location- Marksmanship Training Center (MTC), is a 1050yd square range located on 170acres, with five pistol bays (one containing a shoot house), one 100yd carbine range, and a 25yd multi-use bay. This will be the location of sign-in and sight-in Friday, the match brief Saturday morning, and the location of the awards banquet on Sunday.
Our second location is a mostly clear-cut Christmas tree farm, with extensive micro-terrain, allowing for highly creative target placement and stage lay-outs.
Friday – September 18th
- 12:00pm to 7:00pm check in
- 12:00 to 5:00pm zero & data range open (MUST SIGN IN FIRST)
Saturday – September 19th
- 7:00am match briefing.
- 7:30am head to stages to begin match.
- 12:00pm box lunch provided.
- 5:00pm day 1 results posted.
Sunday – July 20th
- 7:00am head to stages to begin match.
- 2:30pm Match complete, head to awards tent.
- 3:00pm Awards ceremony, meal provided.
Additional Shooter Information
- Drinking water provided.
- Breakfast on Saturday and Sunday is provided.
- Lunch on Saturday is provided.
- Early Dinner on Sunday is provided.
- Porta-potties onsite.
- Squads will have a shooter rotation schedule, matching squad roster number to stage number.
- Expect to need 200-225 rounds for the match; actual round count will be put out several days before the match.
- No equipment is off limits unless otherwise noted in match book. Some stages may not permit any additional equipment other than rifle.
- Pre-written data card in 50yd increments suggested.
- No refunds; pandemic related cancelation will result in registration roll-over to next year. Registration is transferrable, email must be sent to match director from original shooter’s registered email account prior to September 14th, 2019.
Some lodging is available in Lake City, though there are no hotels. Check back for a list of motels and cabins
The closest city with hotels would be Cadillac. They have a fairly wide selection of hotels available. The city of Cadillac is 30 minutes from Marksmanship Training Center.
Camping is readily available in and around Lake City. The county operates two campgrounds (one with full hook-up available, one with only electric) in the city of Lake City, though they have a 4 night minimum for reservations. (http://www.missaukee.org/departments/parks/index.html)
“The Campground” is located in the city of Manton, a short 16 minute drive from Marksmanship Training Center, and they have some full hook-up sites available: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Campground/120943707921120