The second annual Great Lakes PRS Pro-Series match in the state of Michigan. Registration opens May 31st at 6:00pm EST. 100 slots available.
Renamed for 2021, the Great Lakes PRC has now become the MDT – Great Lakes PSC. We are very proud to have Modular Driven Technologies sign on as our Title Sponsor. With their support, we’ll be able to continue improving the whole match experience.
Brought to you by the same team that runs the Wisconsin Barrel Maker Classic, this match will be similarly focused on providing a wide array of stages. This will not be a match where every stages feels a lot like the last. Shooters will be tested in time management, stage strategy, focus, movements, position building, and target size. We strive for each stage to challenge the shooters across all skills levels while remaining enjoyable, and safe.
Shooters of all skill levels welcome; however, you must be competent enough to accurately and safely engage targets at distance.
In addition to now providing every meal from your arrival Friday, to your departure Sunday, we’re also adding a few other enhancements!
- .22 Rimfire 4-5 stage mini-match on Friday. This event will be shot at your leisure during registration hours. Francis Colon will be running the match. A small match fee of around $20-$25 will be collected upon sign-in for anyone interested in shooting. Half of the match fees will go back as a cash prize(s). A few dollars and some .22 ammo might return you a couple hundred dollars!
- Corn-hole Tournament. Competition will be ran by Mike Jerome, and begin Friday once dinner is served. Winner will receive a mystery prize / award.
- MPRSC Club Match Friday afternoon. 8 stages, 60 rounds. Match will be fast paced, and counts for PRS Regional Series points. Sign-up HERE!
Registration opens: May 31st, 2021
Registration closes: September 10th, 2021
Sign-in: September 17th, 2021
Match: September 18-19, 2021
Primary location address for sign-in and match brief:
Marksmanship Training Center
N. Pioneer Drive
Lake City, MI
All sales final, registration transfers must go through match director prior to September 17th, 2021. No refunds.
Match is split between two locations, less than five miles apart.
Our first location- Marksmanship Training Center (MTC), is a range complex consisting of two square long ranges, one at 1054 yards, the other at 1030 yards, multiple pistol bays, a vehicle live fire bay, a live fire shoot house, 25 yard multi-use range, 100 yard rifle/carbine range and 200 yard rimfire range. All on 170acres. This will be the location of sign-in, sight-in a rimfire mini-match on Friday, the match brief Saturday morning, and the location of the awards banquet on Sunday.
Our second location is a mostly clear-cut Christmas tree farm, with extensive micro-terrain, allowing for highly creative target placement and stage lay-outs. This property, over 200 acres, proved very popular with our shooters last year. It truly offers some unique target and shooting locations, with surprising wind conditions. For 2021, almost all of the trees have been harvested, giving even more options for shooting positions and target locations.
This is the location in which we run the Friday MPRSC Club Match, which counts as a Regional Series match. To register for the Friday Club Match, click HERE!
Friday – September 17th
- 9:00am to 6:00pm check-in
- 9:00am to 6:00pm Rimfire mini-match
- 9:00am to 6:00pm zero & data range open (MUST SIGN IN FIRST)
- Hotdogs provided between 11:00am and 3:00pm
- 11:30am MPRSC Club Match Brief @ Tree Farm
- 12:00pm MPRSC Club Match range hot.
- Cheese Burger dinner provided at 6pm.
Saturday – September 18th
- 7:00am match briefing.
- 7:30am head to stages to begin match.
- 12:00pm box lunch provided.
- 5:00pm day 1 results posted.
Sunday – September 19th
- 7:00am head to stages to begin match.
- 3:30pm Match complete, head to awards tent.
- 4:00pm Awards ceremony, meal provided.
Additional Shooter Information
- Drinking water provided.
- On Friday, Lunch, and Dinner are provided.
- For Saturday, Breakfast, Lunch, and dinner are provided.
- Sunday breakfast, late morning snack, and early dinner are provided.
- Porta-potties and hand-wash stations onsite.
- Squads will have a shooter rotation schedule, matching squad roster number to stage number.
- There will be a mid-day location/venue rotation each day; this worked well last year, so we’ll do it again this year.
- Expect to need 200-225 rounds for the match; actual round count will be put out about a week before the match.
- No equipment is off limits unless otherwise noted in match book. Some stages may not permit any additional equipment other than rifle.
- Pre-written data card in 50yd increments suggested.
- No refunds; pandemic related cancelation will result in registration roll-over to next year. Registration is transferrable, email must be sent to match director from original shooter’s registered email account prior to September 10th, 2021.
- Registrations after August 17th may not receive match sun-shirt.
Some lodging is available in Lake City, though there are no hotels.
Lake City Lodging:
Lake View Motel:
Lake City Motel:
Hidden Haven Cottages:
The closest city with hotels would be Cadillac. They have a fairly wide selection big name of hotels available. The city of Cadillac is 30 minutes from Marksmanship Training Center.
Limited Camping is available on-site at Marksmanship Training Center. There are no hook-ups, no bath facilities, electric, water, or sewage at MTC. The parking lot is sand, and the entrance is on the narrower side, so long & heavier RV’s may not be able to get in. Email Lisa if you’d like to camp on site
Camp grounds are readily available in and around Lake City. The county operates two campgrounds (one with full hook-up available, one with only electric) in the city of Lake City, though they have a 4 night minimum for reservations:
“The Campground” is located in the city of Manton, a short 16 minute drive from Marksmanship Training Center, and they have some full hook-up sites available:
Our major sponsors, who have contributed above and beyond to bring you a whole match experience:
Modular Driven Technologies (MDT) (Title Sponsor)
- Has provided Lunch on Saturday and Dinner on Sunday.
- Substantial contribution to the prize table.
- Provided match shirts and beanie hats
Trijicon (MDT – GLPSC Optics Sponsor, and Michigan Company)
- Providing Dinner on Saturday
- Three of their Priemer line TenMile scopes to the prize table